Sunday, April 12, 2009

What's Cookin?











Tonight (Sunday) I made lasagna. It was very yummy if I do say so myself. While I was engaged, I had a (very useful) kitchen shower. I was given a recipe book that I use often. This is one of the recipes given to me. I did vary it some to make it a little more healthy. I used nonfat cottage cheese and whole wheat lasagna noodles.

Ingredients:
8oz Lasagna noodles- uncooked
1 8oz cottage cheese
1 lb of lean ground beef
2 jars of spaghetti sauce
2 eggs
2 cups (8 oz) of Mozzeralla cheese

Directions: Brown beef, mix with both jars of spaghetti sauce, mix 2 eggs with cottage cheese, preheat over to 350, layer lasagna in a 9 x 13 (or bigger) baking dish
Layer as follows: sauce on bottom, noodles (3-4 on a row), cottage cheese mixture, sauce, sprinkle mozzerella (repeat with noodle layer until dish is 3 layers thick

Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour- uncover and bake another 15 minutes

No comments: