Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Students!




I haven't been so great about taking pictures this year of my students. And by that, I mean I haven't taken any pictures of them. It's been a hectic year. We have same gender classes and I have been blessed with a classroom full of boys. I really wouldn't have it any other way. The stresses of my job this year really haven't been with the students. We have implemented a new math and writing program. As any fourth grade teacher in MS knows, the writing test is a big deal. Not to mention all the pressures the kids have placed on them to score proficient or advanced on the math statewide test in May. There's too much for these guys to learn. They even feel the pressure although I try very hard not to place such a huge weight on them. Just last week while we were reviewing Geometry, one student said " I think I know that but my brain is just full of so much, I don't even know how to act" Bless his heart. I completely understand. Anyways, I came across several pictures that acknowledge some of them.


The first group shot is all the "Students of the month". Each teacher selects one student who worked hard and well with others. Well this month, I had 2 two because the librarian also noticed how awesome my boys and selected one from my class. Way to go boys! (pictured in the back row from the left to right: Michael Brown and John Gonzalez) Not only do they get these cool awards but they also get to leave school and eat Mazzio's for lunch.









No comments: