Saturday, May 9, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Week

This past week, we had teacher appreciation. The PTO at Richland Upper did a great job of showing their appreciation for us. We had breakfast from Sonic one day, Primos cakes, McAlister's, Mazzio's and door prizes throughout the week! On Friday, we even had a 'duty free' lunch (lunch without kids and not in the cafeteria)

Some teachers weren't happy when students did not recognize this week and show their appreciation. ( I won't name names, but you know who you are!) And I understand that. It doesn't take much and honestly we (teachers) are always buying things for our children. Whether its supplies, goodie bags, parties...it does add up and let's face it, we are just teachers, not doctors! However, I also recognize that we are a Title School which means over half of our kids receive free or reduced lunch. These kids don't have a lot to give and it may be asking a lot for a gift. That being said, I had a student say to me "Mrs. Dickinson, you're my favorite teacher. Your so nice and I like school this year! I didn't like math and now I love it" What a well rounded compliment. I'm nice and I've managed to help you like school and learn something!

I'll take it! It makes all the crazy moments worth it.

No comments: