Saturday, May 9, 2009

Best Husband Ever!




I have to say that before I begin my story that I initially wrote the title of this post as "Best Boyfriend Ever!" whoops. You'd think I'd have the title down pat by now.

ANYWAYS, yes it's true! While I am clearly biased on this one, I think I am right! I have the best husband ever! Friday night I came home to a letter on the counter that reads:

Susan's Birthday
1. The house is clean.
2. Your plants are watered.
3. The lawn will be cut on Saturday. (and he is actually doing that one now!)
4. 'The Soup' has been recorded. (I always forget to record my fav show on Friday nights that I never manage to stay awake for)
5. The back porch is clean.
6. The bed is made.
7. Dinner will be your choice of steak, tuna, or seasame tuna with asparagus and mac and cheese
8. There is a surprise in the fridge
9. No the surprise isn't beer but there is some in there as well. (It ended up being one oversized choc cupcake with choc frosting)
10. You have to stay awake past 9 on Friday (ha ha)

How thoughtful is he? I was amazed. It was so nice to be able to just hang out and know everything was taken care of chore wise.
Dick and I are often reminded of the same concept day to day...to relax and stop trying to worry about is to come or not come in the future..God has a plan for you...give thanks and count your blessings as they come... I am so blessed to have the most amazing husband and friend. He's the best thing in the world and I hope that my love and appreciation for him doesn't go unnoticed or unmentioned!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Happy (late) birthday! That list was a GREAT idea! :)

Susan said...

hey thanks! but my bday isn't until tomorrow (monday,may 11) so you aren't late at all.
he was just giving me an early bday happy