Saturday, May 22, 2010

Happy 6 months!




I've been so blessed to have such an easy pregnancy experience so far. And by easy I mean that both baby and mom are healthy! There are certainly things you have to learn along the way as you grow. For instance, I have to think about how I will get out of bed, off the couch, out of a chair, tie my shoes or pick something up off the floor. There has to be a process to this. The funniest is getting out of my bathtub. We have a big, deep tub and getting out is a process. I have a coworker who told me a story about how she literally couldn't get out of the tub and had to wait for her husband to get home...i refuse! I realize that at some point I may not have a choice, but where there's a will there's a way! The other day at school my tennis shoes came untied. We were dismissing our students to the buses so there were tons of teachers around. I looked at my feet and I guess you could tell I was in deep thought about how this would go down without squishing Charlie but a teacher ran over and said "Let me do it" And I stood there half embarrassed but mostly tickled as I stood there waiting while she tied my shoes and added the double knot to both my sneakers to avoid this happening again. Here are pics of me @ 24 weeks. I am embracing the belly!!
School is basically out. We have a 60% day for students Monday. Out of my 21 kids, about 9 said they would be @ school. Some of them were saying their goodbyes Friday. One said, "it will be weird not seeing you pregnant" ha!
I can't wait to lounge by the pool all day this summer. We leave for the beach in about 3 weeks and Im ready!

3 comments:

Angie said...

You look great, Susan! Love that somebody tied your shoes for you! :0) Congrats on surviving until summer! Now get those feet up and relax!!!

Susan said...

thanks angie! isn't that a riot about my shoes? i will def do lots of relaxing. hope you are feeling good. you look great too !

The Picardy's said...

Make Dick take the pics next time...I need better belly pics:) YOu look good!!!