Friday, June 12, 2009

10 best restaurants in Jackson

Not in any particular order!

1. Keifer's
The pita moz with feta (pita bread, melted mozeralla and yummy dipping feta sauce!), fries & pitchers of beer are the best! Not to mention the environment. They have lots of outdoor seating with plenty of shade for anytime of year!

2. Buffalo Wild Wings
This is Dick's favorite hangout. Even so, their food is really good. I don't eat meat on the bone so their boneless wings are perfect for me! They have a variety of beer (it does seem as though these choices are revolving around beer doesn't it?, games to play and TV's all around you constantly showing any sporting event from football to baseball to wrestling!

3. Corner Bakery
The best lunch or breakfast place by far! I loved this place in DC and finally they opened one near my house. For breakfast I once had the ultimate omelet...avocado, tomato, peppers, egg whites, cheddar cheese and salsa...yum yum!!! For lunch you can choose from a variety of sandwiches on their fresh bread or their delish soups and salads!!!

4. Cherokee
If this place ever comes to mind, go on Saturday! Their red beans and rice special with jalepeno cornbread is soo good!!! They have great burgers & fried pickles too.

5. Bonsai
I love sushi and hibachi. This restaurant is known for having the best of both worlds. They have a wide variety of special rolls and they never disappoint. We most often eat sushi there because come 6pm on any given day, the wait for hibachi is always a long one.

6. Amerigo's
If you're craving Italian, you must go here! I don't think I've ever had anything at this place I didn't like. You can never go wrong with the spaghetti and meatball dish.If you're really hungry start with their cheese balls. Fried goodness I tell ya!!! They have the best caesar salad I've ever tasted too!!

7.Shapley's
If you ever go here, don't do what I did and order the tuna steak when beef steak is their speciality! Dick will never let me live that one down! hahaha The sides are served family style so it's more than enough to share...the creamed spinach and potatoes au gratin are to die for!!!

8.Cock Of the Walk
On the rez sits a yummy fried plate...catfish, fries, hushpuppies...yummy!!! If you aren't a fish person, they even have chicken tenders. Don't ask if it can be grilled because the anwswer is no. It's def a guilty pleasure favorite!

9. El Charro
There aren't that many good mexican restaurants left in Jackson. This makes me sad because I do love mexican (who is proud of me for not writing Taco Bell was one of my fav restuarants :) ..but El Charro is the best! Reminds me of college days..best for eating quickly and on a budget :)

10.Hickory Pit
BBQ is another one of those places that are hard to come by in Jackson (weird bc the south is known for great BBQ)..anyways..among the ones left open...this has the best pulled pork sandwiches and potato salad. Best of all, if you don't have time to dine in, just drive your car around the building, pull up to the window and place your order!!

Here's my list. Hope you enjoy. What are your favorite places to eat?

No comments: