Friday, June 12, 2009

10 best quick snacks so you don't spoil ur diet!

1. Fruit!!! (fresh or dried) banana, pear, peach, plum,grapes,..whatev, dig in..full in nutrition!!
2. water :) throw a crystal light packet into a water bottle and voila...hunger is a distant memory
3. Kroger brand (or any) granola bar...full of carbs? yes! but good ones!!! I like the sweet and salty ones..they have nuts and dried fruit
4. hummus & red pepper strips --thanks mom for this one!!!
5. popsicle..I like otter pops b/c most of the time I'm not really hungry, just bored and it gives me something to do (is that sad? Does anyone else eat out of boredom)
6. lettuce sandwich..1 loaf of bread and loads of fresh lettuce, spicey mustard and wammo you have a crunchy low fat treat!
7. yogurt with granola....not just any..I've only found them at Walmart..they are yogurt with a serving of granola attached to it. Yogurt is good for you anyways, might as well make it part of your snack.
8. salsa and baked chips (in moderation bc of sodium intake but then again it should be in moderation only..hence "snack") as everyone knows, salsa is fat free and the baked chips are low-fat so enjoy.
9. almonds lots of energy & good for ya!
10. 100 calorie pack anything!! ya know those individually wrapped treats? they portion for you so you don't even have to worry about it.

:)

1 comment:

Angie said...

Ugh...I totally eat out of boredom. Hate that! I love those little yogurts with the granola on top. I can't stand the texture of yogurt alone, but with the crunch, it's definitely much better!