Monday, July 13, 2009

Weight Watchers


Today was my first (sucessful mind you!) day of doing weight watchers again. I should use the phrase "again" lightly because I did the program while I lived in Washington, DC for about 2 weeks. I bought this entire packet of information that contains easy point system guide to use while grocery shopping and a dining out companion for eating out. I went to a meeting with my roommate and we were weighed in. You come back the next week and they mark your progress. I kept my "score card" and within that week, I had GAINED a 1.8 pounds. That was all it took to make me toss all the info in the closet. I suppose since it's followed me back to my home in Flowood, I ought to give it another try! Like I said, I made it through today and it was easy! I didn't even reach my point value. I asked Dick if he thought they were like roll over minutes. If I don't use them all up one day, does that mean I can tack them onto the next day. Makes sense right?
In addition to this, Dick and I have given up sweets, carbonated drinks and fried foods(I added beer to this, Dick did not). Hopefully between this and weight watchers, I will get into shape. Wish me luck!