Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy 4th weekend

I've really enjoyed my summer so far! This weekend we are heading back to the beach! I am so excited. Dick hasn't been to the beach yet. We are going to Orange Beach with 2 other couple friends. After I get back, my neice and nephew are coming for an extended weekend stay. Somewhere after and in between, I need to start getting ready for school. I have a lot of work to do. I promised myself I wasn't going to worry about work during the month of June. Today's July 1st so it's time to start planning!

I had lunch with all the 4th grade teachers today. It was good seeing everyone. Debbie & Lynda joined too. They used to teach 4th so they are always apart of the 4th grade team. I am very excited and nervous about teaching 6th. I know I'll enjoy the kids I just like to be well versed in what I'm teaching. I also want my room to be somewhat organized. Seeing as how I don't have a lick of 6th grade stuff, I've got my work cut out for me. Gah! I'm rambling--that's what I do when I'm stressed!!

Back to happy thoughts about the beach tomorrow. I hope everyone enjoys the long weekend!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Oh, you've got me thinking about "Back to School" time now! Getting the room set up is definitely the FUNNEST part of the year....but stressful, too!